All of us slept in our own beds last night! Now I back track a slight bit. On Thursday we escaped to Lucy's Bar for some American food. Another swing and miss, but the draft beer and outdoor seating was nice.
Later that afternoon at 4:30, we received Tian’s Visa! The last piece of the puzzle and now we can go home. Some families left for the 3 hour drive to
Friday morning came fast and we were gone. Flight went perfectly. Tian was a pro. No issues. Played on our lap, had a bottle, napped a bit. Great sign for the big trip home.
The Hotel in Beijing was just 2km from the airport. Shuttle picked us up. We checked in and headed to the Pizza bar for dinner. We tried all the western style food, but the Chinese just can’t seem to get it right. Hunter played some video games then back to the room. We have a 6:55am flight.
Saturday morning. Ok. This is the day we have been freaking out about. A 13 hour flight home. Kerry was up at 3:30am. I, shortly afterwards. We caught the 4:30 shuttle to Terminal 3. Had a coffee and muffin and to the gate for our 6:55 flight. Ohhhhh, but wait. I soon find out, it’s actually our 7:55 flight. Ugh. Kerry. J They went buy souvenirs and snacks; I chased Tian around for 30 minutes.
The flight could not have gone better, but let me get this out of the way. Hunter took a Benadryl and was useless. He slept 9 of the 12.5 hours. I got in about 2 hours early in trhe trip. Tian got her 1 hour nap in and Kerry, poor girl, no sleep at all. So basically Kerry and Tian were up the entire flight. We did luck out by having no one else in our 5 seat center row, but Hunter was laying down and occupying almost half of them.
We landed in
We are on the plane and over the intercom we hear, “Sorry folks, looks like we need to deplane. Both Autopilot systems are not working.” So we deplane, 1 hour delay. At this point we are all exhausted. Except Hunter of course. Kid was as fresh as a daisy. We were separated on the plane. Hunter and I in row 10 E / F and Kerry in 11A. It was my turn to care for Tia and I didn’t do so good. Tian fell asleep about 20 minutes into the flight. About 1 hour into the flight I fell asleep also. This is where it gets fuzzy. I must have dozed off for a sec or 2 or maybe longer and Hunter taps me on the shoulder. In a very calm voice he says,“Dad, Tian’s on the floor.” Oops. I shake the cobwebs and there she is. On the floor, her head by my knees, moaning. How long she was there, no one can tell us. She slipped off my lap and onto the floor. Hunter was playing his iPad and not paying attention. Gator Lady next to me was crashed too. Sorry Tian. Bad daddy.
Got home last night around 5:30pm. My wonderful brother left us gifts to find and flowers for Kerry. Our neighbors, Yvette and Jackie, decorated our house with a banner and balloons. So sweet of them to make the effort. Now it’s been 27 hours from when we left the hotel. Got a pizza from Anthony’s, some Blue Moon and wine. Tian watched the FSU game with me for a bit and off to bed at 9ish.
(Sunday) Today, Kerry and Tian were up at 4:30am. Kerry was not terribly happy about that. I followed at 7:30, Hunt at 8. Angie, Louis and the girls showed up around noon and got to meet and play with Tia. Expecting Mom, Dad and Tracy around 5ish. It’s been a nice first day. Welcome home Tia!
No comments:
Post a Comment